EFFECTIVE DATE: AUGUST 1, 2022
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the Services.
1. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information from you through:
- When you use our Services
- Requests or questions you submit to us via online forms, email, or otherwise
- Your participation in surveys
- Conferences or events
- Website registration, if applicable
Information about you. The types of data we collect directly from you includes:
- Personal contact information (e.g., name, email, phone number, address)
- Business contact information (e.g., position, business name, business email address, business address, business phone number)
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATED MEANS
When you use the Services, we and our service providers automatically collect certain information including your IP address, browser type, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs) referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, files you download, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the websites, error logs, and other similar information. From your IP address, we may be able to infer your general location (e.g., city/state or postal code).
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHERS
We may receive additional information such as demographic and statistical information from third parties and sources, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, public records, and others that we may attribute to you based on your assignment to certain statistical groups. We use this information to supplement the information that we collect directly from you in order to derive your possible interests and provide more relevant experiences for you and improve our websites, analytics, and advertising.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you, in order to:
- Provide you with access to our Services
- Respond to your requests for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service
- In accordance with applicable legal requirements, contact you by email, postal mail, or phone, regarding Moximed and its products, as well as third-party products and services that we think may be of interest to you
- Customize the content you see on our Services
- Help us better understand your interests, and improve our Services
- Secure our Services and resolve technical issues being reported
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
Aggregate/De-Identified Information. We may aggregate and/or de-identify any information collected through our Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/De-Identified Information”). We may use such information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, partners, and sponsors.
LEGAL BASES FOR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our websites; operate our Services; defend our legal rights; analyze use of and improve our Services)
- Where we have a reason to process the data in accordance with applicable laws
- Where we have your consent to engage in a particular processing activity
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
In operating the Services, we may use a technology called “cookies.” A cookie is a piece of information that the computer that hosts our Services stores to your browser when you access the Services. We use various types of cookies and similar technologies, including pixels, gifs, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, and first and third-party cookies. Cookies can be persistent by remaining on your computer until you delete them or be based on your browsing session where they delete once you close your browser. First party cookies are used and controlled by us to provide services on our Services.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Detailed instructions are provided by your browser. If you do not accept all cookies or withdraw your consent, you may still browse the Services, however, in this case you may not be able to use the full functionalities of the Services. For more information on cookies and how they can be managed and deleted please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ or your browser cookie settings.
ONLINE ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
ANALYTICS. We may use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. If you receive email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
ONLINE ADVERTISING. On our websites, we allow select third-party advertising technology partners to place cookies or other tracking technologies on the browser of your device to collect information about you as discussed above. These third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers such as Google and others) may use this information to serve relevant content and advertising to you as you browse the Internet, and access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your browser to assist in this activity. If you are interested in more information about these online advertising activities, and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored advertising, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link, or Your Online Choices to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. We do not control these opt-out links or whether any particular company chooses to participate in these opt-out programs. We are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms. Please note that if you use these mechanisms, you may still see advertising on our websites or across the Internet, but it will not be tailored to you based on your online behavior over time.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Moximed will share your information in the following ways:
- Service Providers. We provide access to or share your information with select third parties who perform services on our behalf. They provide a variety of services to us, including data hosting and storage, advertising and marketing, website content and features, analytics, research, customer service, security, fraud prevention, and legal services.
- Protection of Moximed and Others. By using our Services, you acknowledge and agree that we may access, retain, and disclose the information we collect and maintain about you if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, retention or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process (e.g. a subpoena or court order); (b) enforce any contracts with you, if relevant; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; and/or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Moximed, its agents and affiliates, its users and/or the public.
- With your consent. We may share your information for other reasons when you provide us with consent to do so.
- Aggregate/De-Identified Information. From time to time, we may share Aggregate/De-identified Information about use of the Services or our user base with partners and others, but such information will not identify you personally.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR CHOICES
You have certain rights with respect to your information as further described in this section.
1. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below at any time. Your local laws may permit you to request that we:
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- update information which is out of date or incorrect
- delete certain information which we are holding about you
- restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law and as otherwise required by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request.
2. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND FEATURES
The Services are intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected “personal information” (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13 without valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We also do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible.
If you have any concerns or complaints about our data processing activities, we urge you to first try to resolve such issues directly with us. However, if applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Moximed takes a variety of technical and organizational security measures to protect the information provided to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information to us online.
We will retain your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was provided, or for our legitimate business purposes, unless an applicable legal requirement requires us to retain such data for longer periods.
PRIVACY INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA USERS
If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)).
Categories of personal information we collect
Throughout this Policy, we discuss in detail the specific pieces of personal information we collect from and about our users. Under the CCPA, we are also required to provide you with the “categories” of personal information we collect. The categories we may collect are:
- personal and business contact information (such as your name, title, company, address, and email address)
- internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history or usage information)
- geolocation information (e.g., your approximate location based on IP address)
- inference data about you (e.g., the communications and information we believe will be of interest to you based on your interactions with us)
We source, use, and share the categories of personal information we collect from and about you consistent with the various business purposes we discuss throughout this Policy. See the “Information We Collect,” “How We Use Your Information,” “How We Share and Disclose Your Information” sections above for more information.
Please note that the CCPA sets forth certain obligations for businesses that “sell” personal information to third parties. We do not engage in such activity and have not engaged in such activity in the past twelve months from the effective date of this Policy.
California law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of “personal information” (as defined by applicable California law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Moximed does not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.